KUHS is proud to be recognized as an AVID high school, a high school that has proven achievement and creates lifelong advantages for our students. Our fine and performing arts programs are second to none. KUHS offers a Liberal Arts Academy with OIT where students can earn up to 18 college credits before they graduate high school! We are also partnering with KCC to offer a KU/KCC Career Pathways program where students can take classes at KCC in Computer Technology, Digital Media Design, Emergency Response Operations, Auto-Diesel Technology and Welding. In some of the pathways, students can become certified before they graduate high school! KUHS continues to be strong with exceptional programs in business.
Summer is coming to and end and a new school year will soon begin. See everyone soon!
- for existing students/families: Online registration is now available through the Tyler SIS Parent Portal. https://sis.kfalls.k12.or.us/ORKF360x3/login Computers and assistance from staff are also available in the KU Counseling Dept.
- for NEW students: Registration is required in person in the KU Counseling Dept. Registrar Leah Anderson is available now to meet with you.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL INFO:
Tuesday, Sept. 3: FRESHMAN (9) ONLY. Meet in Pel Court Gym at 8:05 am for all-day orientation. Dismissal is 3:11 pm.
Wednesday, Sept. 4: ALL STUDENTS Grades 9-12. School begins at 9:15 am due to Late Start Wednesday. Dismissal is 3:11 pm.
- Student class schedules will be available for viewing online through Tyler SIS on Sunday, 9/1.
- Paper copies of schedules will handed out on Wednesday, 9/4 morning in the 2nd floor lobby.
- Schedule changes can be requested by students during the first week of school. Students may request an appointment and will be called in by their class counselor.
Bus pick-up/drop off times are being finalized by the Transportation Dept. Times are expected to be similar to pick up/drop off times used last year.
- Students parking at KU may purchase a KU Parking Permit for $5 from the KU Bookkeeper beginning 8/19/19.
- Warning: Do not park on Monclaire Street or Cross Street which now require Residential Parking Permits by the City of Klamath Falls. Violators will be ticketed and face fines.
Students may rent a locker with lock (provided) for $6 from the KU Bookkeeper beginning 8/19/19.
KU Parents and Supports: Get connected to what is happening at Klamath Union through Facebook, this website, and texts and email messages frequently sent out through School Messenger.
Facebook: KUHS Parent Connections and Klamath Union High School are both pages to Like.
Classes resume on Sept. 3, 2019. Online Registration has begun using the SIS Parent Portal.
Dr. Paul Hillyer's, Superintendent, attendance letter to parents. Click here for the full letter.